Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Sunday, August 14, 2011

First group lesson and the tail

On Friday August 12, we had a nice arena ride- the usual. Then I decided (as you can see from the trailer picture) what a gorgeous tail Honey has. I guess it must be the "My little pony" syndrome! I spent 3 hours washing, conditioning, and finger combing the big dredlocks in that very thick tail.
I bet her tail had never been all the way combed out. She has the longest dock I have ever seen!! Its practically down to her hocks!!!
It was so beautiful when I was done!!! OH MY-
Saturday, August 13- Our second trim- she was very good for Jason. Her feet look like a real horse!! She got a tail brush with cowboy magic and Rainmaker hoof conditioner! She looked like a show pony!!
Then we proceeded to Join Russ's Sat morning class- mostly beginner riders, but it gave us an opportunity to ride in a group. We had to leave the group and ride the requested course - a learning opportunity cuz-she of course she was reluctant to leave - but after some "discussion" she did. I think being in the arena for more than 2 hours was good too- seems she was wondering why she wasn't done yet!!
Oh wait til I take her on a 3 hour trail ride!  Which will be soon , now that her feet are trimmed up!



No comments:

Post a Comment