Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our first trail ride

Today is Thursday August 11. Yesterday we went on our FIRST Trail ride!
I went out with Cris and her horse Stormy. I saddled Honey up and we went out for about an hour. She just followed along-no big deal! We saw a bunch of deer- no prob-turkey-no prob- Bright yellow slide-no prob...She's awesome.

Monday there were a couple of new "toys" in the arena. One was a 5 foot beach ball, and another was a  "training bridge".. Honey was on the lunge line so we played with the ball, then went to the bridge. I was so happy- cuz now, once she is comfortable with it we'll practice backing "off" so we can then apply that to backing off the trailer.
She pawed at the bridge just like she did the trailer-but eventually she went over it. I started having her go over the short/width way then, the long way-then stopping on it too. Very nice!
Tuesday- I rode in the arena-more of the same then rode her over the bridge-stopped her on it etc-soo nice!
I think we need more video.

No comments:

Post a Comment