Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Sept 28

What a gorgeous day! I got to the ranch just as Fancy and her owner Steve were going on a ride on the trail-with Russ and they were both riding gaited horses.  We went on a longer than usual trail ride- about an hour and a half.

We went a new way- for Honey any ways. Lots of varied terrain- rocky down hills, narrow trails. I did dismount in a technical area and the footing was shaky rocks that were scary for a green horse. She was just fine to follow me and did so willingly and calmly. I mounted up and off we went.

I focused on getting her to walk out- no problem now that she is comfortable with shoes and she was following that gaited horse. She offered to trot out several times and was obedient to my saying "No we don't trot anytime you please"

She was a trooper and can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment