Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday- July 15



Another nice day. I groomed Honey and we played in the arena. I then saddled her up and l went back to the arena and lunged her.

Todays goal was to work over the poles. She does very well, trotting and walking over them. So with the thought of having (at some point in time) she will need to back out of the trailer, I will work on her backing over the poles. This was not an easy task-her backing over the poles. It takes a while for them to figure out how to lift the leg and back up.

I now see her when she has to much pressure and how she reacts. But with some firmness and some chill and collect our cool time, she figured it out.- YEAY she figured it out! and was very proud of herself. I took her for a walk by hand out the gate and down the trail.

Under pressure she  (halfheartedly I must say-but I believe she would escalate if handled too rough) she purses her lips tight and will try and get out/away from it/you. BUT if you reprimand that behaviour  and ask her to stop and chill- she'll give it a nice quiet try. Sweet. Then when you verbally make a big deal and tell her what  a good girl she is - she licks her lips and puts her head in your chest low for a pet and a hug.

I was reluctant to mount her when no one is around and I may get over that real soon-cuz its an arena- and at least we'll be in there, even if I conk my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment