Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday July 16-Good Pony

Waiting for saddle and arena work


Compare this photo of Honey, compared to the one on the title!
Another wonderful day! Warm  with a cool breeze. I was able to get squeezed in by Loomis Basin at 4:30 to have the vet come and get Honey caught up on her shots. Her last set was July last year and they really should have spring and fall, so we'll have her on a schedule.

I was worried- but like all the rest of her experiences for the most part- SHE WAS A CHAMP! Since I work for a vet and have been around many barn clinics-I have seen many well trained horses act a WHOLE lot worse- she never even flinched-she even had her (probably first in her life) intra nasal Strangles. Good girl!

Today we worked more on backing over poles, I took her around the ranch and found a little ditch to back over and she did well- it was scary at first- But after a few times she was carefully backing over the ditch.

Russ was having a lesson and he was riding Miriah- Honey's pasture mate- and another woman was mounted in the arena. I decided even though I had no one at her head-I would at least mount her and sit in the arena and watch via horse back. I mounted fine. She didn't want to move. So I decided with people in the arena I wouldn't push her. I did get her to disengage her rear end once in each direction. I was also able to have her give her head each way. -
A good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment