Honey

Honey
NOT SKINNY NOW !

Us

Us
Us

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Meeting-May 20

May was cool and drizzly. I had volunteered to help at my fiends B&B, because she was hosting a Garden Tour. You can read about that at my other blog, (June Buzz)  Honey was alone in the paddock/pasture with a rope dangling from her halter. I thought she looked interested and curious. Elke said-"She's one of the foster horses, I can't catch her so I left the rope on."
The next day I asked Elke if I could work with her. I felt I could teach her to come, or at least catch her. Elke said sure.(read post at other blog listed above.) So on Friday May 20 I met with Elke to get the details on Honey and what exactly Elke had done with her. Elke said she could groom her, and get her to go on a lunge line in her pasture.
Here is a picture of Honey from Aug 2009 when she arrived at All About Equine Rescue (AAE)
She had a foal at side and they estimated her age at about 4. You should go to the AAE site and see her son now! he is a yearling and his name is Sunny. They are all looking for homes-including Honey. IF I CAN let her go.
I said I could work with her but her feet needed trimming- the farrier came. he trimmed the fronts and he got kicked when he tried to do the rear. So I got after her and he said when I could wrap my leg around hers -he would come back. He was very nice and I did not want to see anyone hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment